DO NOT PURCHASE ADOBE PHOTOSHOP LIGHTROOM 3 SERIAL NUMBERS FROM ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE AN ADOBE INSTRUCTOR ON CRAIGSLIST. THIS IS A SCAM!
There is a scam artist out there preying on photographer’s looking for discounted Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 serial numbers on Craigslist.
This crook is claiming to have discounted Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 serial numbers left over from a workshop that he can sell at a huge discount. These scam postings are appearing on for sale boards all over the country. The text usually goes something like this:
“HELLO, IM AN INSTRUCTOR FOR ADOBE PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM WORKSHOPS IN THE AREA, I GET A DISCOUNT ON “LICENSED” LIGHTROOM SERIAL NUMBERS, AND OCCASIONALLY I’LL HAVE A FEW LEFT, AND WILL SELL THEM. I HAVE THEM FOR BOTH MAC AND PC. YOU CAN SIMPLY DOWNLOAD THE LIGHTROOM TRIAL FROM ADOBE’S SITE, I WILL EMAIL YOU THE SERIAL, AND YOU CAN PAYPAL ME AFTER INSTALLATION! (FULL VERSION)”
If you respond to the Craigslist offer you will receive an email that looks something like this:
“Greetings. Thank you for using this service! I believe in assisting other’s in any way I can. I love photography, and there’s a lot to be shared, and learned.
Moreover, Lightroom 3 is such a dynamic program. Lightroom 3 delivers a range of new features and enhanced capabilities, including faster performance, new world-class noise reduction, lens correction, support for DSLR video files, easy-to-share slide show videos with music, plus much more.
1. To begin using Lightroom 3 today, just go to: http://success.adobe.com/en/na/sem/products/lightroom.html?kw=p&sdid=IBFJW&skwcid=TC|22181|adobe%20lightroom||S|e|7383735502 And click on “Try” to download the trial version.
2. Then after installation, enter this serial #: 1160-4852-5145-6667-7694-7769 and ENJOY!
3. After full installation, please continue to https://www.paypal.com/ and choose paypal email payment.
4. Send $50 to PCEXPO757@GMAIL.COM
**If payment isn’t made within 48 hours of activation, the serial will be deactivated.**
5. Thank you again. This is the full version, so feel free to update and upgrade. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask.”
Everything about this post and the email reply is bogus. Adobe does not give workshop instructors serial numbers. If they did give them out to professional educators you can be sure that they would never allow these serial numbers to be resold to the general public. Plus, no software company in the world uses a serial number activation system that magically de-activates itself in 48 hours if you don’t deposit funds into some creep’s Paypal account!
Please help spread the word about this scam and flag any posts that you find like these on http://www.craigslist.org.
Filed Under: Uncategorized