Our good friend and colleague Laura Shoe has just released a helpful video workshop titled Lightroom Fundamentals.
This collection, available on DVD or direct download from Laura’s website, contains over six and a half hours of training in 36 videos covering topics such as:
- Understand how Lightroom 3 works with a catalog and nondestructive editing
- Where to put your images and how to organize them
- How to move your catalog and images
- How to ensure that everything gets backed up
- How to set preferences and catalog settings
- Learn how to get around in the Library module
- Manage screen space
- Set view options
- Import images
- Manage your files and folders
- Resolve problems that occur
- Rate, flag and keyword your images
- Add metadata, find images, create collections and smart collections
- Learn how to use Publish Services to share your images on Facebook, Flickr and other services
- How to create jpeg and other copies of your images to share via Export
- After an overview of the Develop process, learn how to read the histogram, and then to use the crop, spot removal, and red eye tools.
- Learn the basics panel, how to adjust individual tones with the tone curve, individual colors with HSL, black and white conversions and split toning, adding grain and vignettes, lens corrections, sharpening and noise reduction.
- Learn how to take advantage of virtual copies and presets, and how to use history and snapshots.
- Make local changes with the adjustment brush and graduated filter.
- Work on multiple images with sync and auto sync.
- Learn different ways to view your image before and after your work.
Laura also includes some guidance on which videos are most important for those new to Lightroom or who consider themselves beginners.
The videos are available for $49.95 for download or $56.95 on DVD making them a great value for those looking to learn Lightroom or expand their repertoire of Lightroom skills. Visit Laura’s website for a listing of the full DVD contents, some sample videos, and/or to purchase.
Filed Under: Uncategorized