Adobe Lightroom 3 – The Missing FAQ eBook from Victoria Bampton, aka “The Lightroom Queen,” is now available for purchase.
- Title: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 – The Missing FAQ: Real Answers to Real Questions asked by Lightroom Users
- Author: Victoria Bampton
- Publisher: Self-published (The Lightroom Queen)
- Publication Date: July 7, 2010
- ISBN: 978-0-9560030-3-4 (PDF Format); 978-0-9560030-4-1 (Paperback)
- Cover Price: US $39.95 | UK £25.95 [See other pricing options in the Where to Buy section.]
- Pages: 500
I’ve reviewed Bampton’s previous book, Adobe Lightroom 2: The Missing FAQ, and that book is still available. This book is the updated version for Lightroom 3. She also released Adobe Lightroom 3 Beta: The Missing FAQ as soon as the Lightroom 3 Beta was released. Impressive.
This book moves through the following sections:
- Library Module
- Working with Catalogs
- Previews & Speed
- Develop Module
- Editing in Other Programs
- Publish Services
- Slideshow Module
- Print Module
- Web Module
- Troubleshooting & Useful Information
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Each of those sections has many sub-topics, each with a number of answered questions. There were too many to list on this review, but you can view the entire Table of Contents here.
To get an even better idea of the book before you purchase it, check out the generous offering of PDF excerpts on Bampton’s website.
This book is definitely worth having…especially if you don’t already own the Lightroom 2 FAQ book. Even if you do own the Lightroom 2 FAQ book, you’ll still see lots of answers to questions you probably have about some of the major changes between Lightroom 2 and 3. For example, why are some photos unavailable or dimmed in the Import dialog? Curious? Click here to see the answer. This book is full of helpful advice and answers to questions you’ll inevitably ask about Lightroom 3.
Savings hint: Use discount code LRL2009 for an even better deal!
About the Author
Victoria Bampton is known to many as The Lightroom Queen. In Southampton, UK, she runs Photoshop Services, a photography processing and retouching service. Her website, LightroomQueen.com, offers a helpful blog and a free Lightroom Keyboard Shortcuts download. In addition to her work there, she’s a very active moderator at LightroomForums.net and a helpful Twitter resource as @vbampton and @LightroomQueen.
Where to Buy
The author offers the option to purchase the book directly from her website. Here are the all the options and pricing details:
- Color PDF eBook Version – £14.95 (About $22.65 USD) – Get it!
- Color PDF eBook and Black & White Paperback Bundle (Shipped by the author) – Pre-order the paperback book (shipping in 2-3 weeks) and get instant downloadable access to the PDF today. – £25.95 (About $39.50 USD) with Free Shipping in the UK (International Shipping is £3.50 (about $5.30 USD)) – Get it!
- Color PDF eBook and Black & White Paperback Bundle (Shipped by Amazon.com) – As of this writing, the book is not yet available at Amazon.com, but when it is, I’m sure you’ll find a link at the author’s page on Amazon.com. – £25.95 ($39.95 USD)
When ordering from the author’s website, be sure and use coupon code LRL2009 for some savings. If you order from Amazon.com, you might consider Amazon Prime.
Other Book Reviews
TheLightroomLab.com strives to review books on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, photography in general, and other relevant subjects whenever possible.
- Click here to view all Adobe Photoshop Lightroom book reviews.
- Click here to view all book reviews, regardless of subject.
You can also view books and other products in our Store.
Do you have a favorite Lightroom or photography book? Read this book and have something to say…good or bad? Let us know in the comments.
Filed Under: Uncategorized